Thursday, July 21, 2011

Stocking up on Papers



I drove down to Woburn last Thursday, hunting for one specific type of paper I needed for one of my projects for a client. My trip was well worth the drive. While at the Ris Paper Company sampling department, they gave me more than what I was looking for. They gave me the pinacles of their collection. Some of the most beautiful paper samples i've seen, along with beautiful die cuts, metallic foils, special folding, and so many other goodies.

It was so inspiring to just touch the paper and see the potential that it has.

I would recommend that every graphic designer head out to their local Paper Distributor to see what available. Even if they can't ever see them using paper that costs $2 a sheet... go out and see whats out there!


Above was the paper I was hunting for its called Spekletone by the French Paper Co.
I found a couple others as well like Environment Papers from Neenah Papers, but the French Paper Co. was the closest.


On another note, unless you are planning on printing for a large project don't go and try to find smaller than 250 sheets for any of these companies. Most of these specialty papers will only distribute to retailers and they won't brake their 250 count cartons.

So after hours and hours of research, I finally discovered a distributor that does break cartons and provides smaller quantities of specialty papers. The company is called Glodan and their website is http://www.paperpurchase.com/Glodan2/.

Be warned though, if you are buying smaller than 100 sheets of paper you may be charged about $8.

No comments:

Post a Comment